We are sad to say good-bye to Jill Remington Love, who will be leaving her post as executive director of our parent department, the Utah Department of Cultural & Community Engagement, at the end of December 2023.
Under Jill’s leadership, the Utah Division of Arts & Museums has thrived. She knew all the staff personally in the department and led with care and compassion. She brought qualities of warmth and humor, and she always encouraged creative thinking. Jill is open, empathetic, and understanding. She takes time to know people and remembers them. We appreciated how she diligently provided regular emails to all department staff, sharing highlights from all the divisions and providing her personal insights through YouTube songs and inspiration.
- Worked with the Legislature and Governor’s Office to increase the UA&M grants budget by $4 million
- Provided leadership for the Spike 150 project
- Purchased works from the “Transcontinental: People, Place, Impact” exhibition for the State of Utah Alice Merrill Horne Art Collection
- Secured a permanent home for our agency in the restored Rio Grande Building
- Oversaw the More than a Flag initiative, in which more than 50,000 people took the time to tell us they wanted to see a new state flag. On March 21, 2023, Utah Gov. Spencer Cox issued an executive order adopting the new flag design in connection with the historic flag
- With the Legislature and Governor, Jill led the effort to develop and fund the new Museum of Utah, including exhibit and staff planning and implementation
During her tenure:
- Governor Gary Herbert received the Americans for the Arts Governor Arts Leadership Award in 2019
- House Speaker Brad Wilson funded the School District Initiative in 2019
- Speaker Wilson allocated $350,000 to UA&M for ongoing funding to support the management of the State of Utah Alice Merrill Horne Art Collection
Thank you, Jill, for inspiring the UA&M team to thrive under your leadership. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!